Students will learn:
- Hygiene and safety for cooking
- Cooking skills
- How to choose fresh ingredients
- How home cooking is value for money
- How to read food labels
- Nutritional value of foods
- How to present food attractively.
BTEC Home Cooking Skills is internally assessed. To achieve a 'pass' students must have successfully achieved all the assessment criteria. Students will be required to keep a cooking skills record. Students must demonstrate that they can prepare and cook food safely and work in an organised manner.
Students can progress onto employment or food related vocational qualifications.
Useful website: www.edexcel.com/homecookingskills