Welcome to 6th Form
Ashley 6th Form provides specialist education for students aged 16 – 18 years with Autism and Social Communication Difficulties. We recognise that our students have ambitions to live and work as self-reliant adults and we help them reach their goals with continued support, structure and guidance. It is our aim to prepare our young people for a rich and fulfilling life through
- Providing a variety of new experiences to build confidence and self-efficacy
- Building on essential life skills
- Developing key employability skills
- Delivering qualifications required for further learning and employment.
Students will attend college 3 days per week and follow one of our two pathways
- Pathway 1 – Ashley 6th Form Post 16 Bridging Course (1 Year) or
- Pathway 2 – Ashley 6th Form Preparation for Learning, Life and Employment (2 Years)
Pathway 1 – Ashley 6th Form Post 16 Bridging Course (1 Year)
Success at Post 16 looks different for every learner. This one-year programme aims to support students to bridge the gap between Year 11 and Post 16 Education. It is ideal for learners who may have achieved academic qualifications but need further support to explore career aspirations and develop their confidence and independence needed to take the next steps.
Pathway 2 – Ashley 6th Form Post 16 Bridging Course (2 Year)
The Preparation for Learning, Life and Employment course delivered over two years aims to provide students with the opportunity to build confidence and independence as well as improving English, Maths, ICT, Employability and Vocational skills.
Please refer to additional 6th form tabs for further information about the pathways. If you would like to discuss which of the 2 pathways may suit an individual or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at school.
Head of 6th Form