Why Physical Education is essential to a student's development:
- Lifelong physical activity is essential for good health
- Regular vigorous activity is essential for growth and development
- It offers real opportunities for personal and social development.
It lays the foundations for:-
- Skill Development
- Lifelong participation
- Positive attitudes to health and exercise
- Vocational opportunities.
PROGRAMME OF STUDY
In delivering Physical Education/Sport at Ashley High School we will be successfully working towards the requirements of the National Curriculum for P.E.
The Programme of Study changes constantly to allow every student an opportunity to enhance their learning and personal development through this subject. Ashley High School will work towards delivering:
- A balanced curriculum consisting of games, Trampolining, Health and Fitness, Athletics, Net games and outdoor activities
- Teaching methods that cater for all abilities through mixed ability and mixed gender groups.
- A system of evaluation, monitoring and reporting student progress that is shared with students and parents regularly through using ClassDojo.
- An extra-curricular programme consisting of individual team challenges, specialist teams/representative, outdoor adventure activity, after school sports clubs and club links.